The ZENA mobile welding system power generator looks
something like an automotive alternator. Is that what it is?
NO, it's NOT an automotive alternator. Its internal
functioning, design, and construction is much more similar to other high-end welding
power generators -- but more compact, thanks to our advanced technology
To keep costs low and to make installation easier, we do use automotive alternator
cases for the front portion of our Welding Power Generators. However, the internal
components are not standard automotive components. Far from it! In fact, that's
why we often refer to it as a welding power generator rather than an
alternator. To name just a few of many performance and/or reliability features:
- We use special hand-wound rotors and stators. Made to our own specification they
contain so much additional copper and iron that it's easy to feel the substantial
difference in weight between our power generator and a "standard" automotive
alternator which is similar in size.
- We custom build our own high-power bridge rectifier assemblies. (The rectifiers
in our 150 amp. welding power generator can handle over 300 amps. -- and our 200
amp. model can handle over 500 amps.)
- Our 5/16" output connection terminals (in all models) are just what they
appear to be -- and more. Specially fabricated in our machine shop, they are highly
conductive 5/16" bolts with very large internal contact surface areas capable
of transmitting sustained currents of more than 500A without failure. They are not
small diameter (1/4" or less) machine screws or bolts equipped (cosmetically)
with large visible end studs.
- All electrical components are electrically isolated from the case.
- Special provisions for extra cooling are made.
- All controls are proprietary (patents pending) designs.
- All moving parts (bearings, brushes, etc.) are the heaviest duty components available.
is a trademark owned by ZENA, Inc. for its welding systems and related products.
& Foreign Patents Pending
Copyright 1998,1999 by ZENA, Incorporated. All rights reserved.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]